Home » Posts tagged 'work and occupations'
Tag Archives: work and occupations
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- @lilianedwards @andrew4mk We are bad influences 01:11:37 AM June 20, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to lilianedwards ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @fstflofscholars https://t.co/rDDbJXrkBD 12:09:42 PM June 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to fstflofscholars ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @wwgd123 Keyboard > Mouse 12:07:24 PM June 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to wwgd123 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My browser was Lynx. https://t.co/criAiKLvPX 12:02:07 PM June 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @andrew4mk Floral brother from another mother. 11:04:35 AM June 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to andrew4mk ReplyRetweetFavorite