Home » Posts tagged 'network formation'
Tag Archives: network formation
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- African daisy 💜 https://t.co/K5BGMrbQbX 04:29:42 AM August 08, 2022 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 📆📆 THIS WEEK📆📆 Apply to be a @BritishAcademy_ Postdoctoral Fellow at @MCTDCambridge Internal Deadline 11 August n… https://t.co/rA8UJUwmbw 03:16:13 AM August 08, 2022 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- But what will all the posh fashion stylists, art curators, and magazine editors do? https://t.co/Y3bvHF6bYx 11:36:22 AM August 07, 2022 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @trishgreenhalgh https://t.co/47oGjtYGkJ 10:56:19 AM August 07, 2022 from Twitter for Android in reply to trishgreenhalgh ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Orange lantana and rosemary. 🧡💚 https://t.co/DHGfDDcDbM 06:56:34 AM August 07, 2022 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite