Home » Posts tagged 'high-technology districts'
Tag Archives: high-technology districts
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- Every parent in England is holding their breath today. 03:32:48 AM March 07, 2021 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @matthew_bui @umsi Congratulations! Very well deserved and @umsi is very lucky to have you! 02:51:09 AM March 07, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to matthew_bui ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @trio1545 Stunning! 03:31:49 PM March 06, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to trio1545 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @cjforms Plum cherry! 03:31:19 PM March 06, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to cjforms ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Lauren_wbg But did it work? 02:20:40 PM March 06, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to Lauren_wbg ReplyRetweetFavorite