Home » Posts tagged 'high-technology districts'
Tag Archives: high-technology districts
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- @histoftech Several of us said that we never see Tressie any more. 02:42:26 PM March 17, 2023 from Twitter for Android in reply to histoftech ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @digitalgoodnet: Are you a PhD student researching what a good digital society should look like? Join the 2023 Digital Good Network Sum… 12:35:51 PM March 17, 2023 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @ruskin147 Awww! 04:10:54 AM March 17, 2023 from Twitter Web App in reply to ruskin147 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @histoftech I haven't seen a post of yours in months. I assumed you were gone. 01:36:40 AM March 17, 2023 from Twitter for Android in reply to histoftech ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Literally just off of a brilliant 4 hour DC power call on... this topic. https://t.co/AalSITDeqE 04:59:38 PM March 16, 2023 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite