Home » Posts tagged 'social network analysis'
Tag Archives: social network analysis
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- @blangry Ouch. So sorry and hope all is well stat. 02:50:49 PM October 18, 2021 from Twitter Web App in reply to blangry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @REWearmouth: Mark Francois calls for the Govt to "take the online harms bill and toughen it up markedly". He says he wants to bring Fa… 12:15:54 PM October 18, 2021 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Not a bad way to start the workweek: at Trinity College, Cambridge. https://t.co/R0znKO4HKM 07:32:34 AM October 18, 2021 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @giorgishka @Chanders Can't wait to share the results from our Connected Fitness project with Blake Dicosola and… https://t.co/c8SS3n8ESt 04:19:04 AM October 18, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to giorgishka ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @robyncaplan It's lasted 15 years🤷♀️ 02:43:40 AM October 18, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to ginasue ReplyRetweetFavorite