Home » Posts tagged 'social network analysis'
Tag Archives: social network analysis
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- @katypearce I use mine every day. 04:11:59 PM June 27, 2022 from Twitter for Android in reply to katypearce ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AbortionFunds: 1/ The Supreme Court has overturned Roe, and decimated the right to abortion in the United States. With this ruling, SCO… 12:52:06 AM June 27, 2022 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @anneohirsch I am so sorry. May you find some peace in these moments 03:47:19 PM June 26, 2022 from Twitter for Android in reply to anneohirsch ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @LSawyerED L https://t.co/OpSBdXdYad 10:59:41 AM June 26, 2022 from Twitter for Android in reply to LSawyerED ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @nwin @trishgreenhalgh There's no right to data deletion in US law. 09:00:12 AM June 26, 2022 from Twitter Web App in reply to ginasue ReplyRetweetFavorite