Home » Posts tagged 'Internet industry'
Tag Archives: Internet industry
The Changing Place of Cultural Production: The Location of Social Networks in a Digital Media Industry
This article examines the role of place and placemaking within cultural industries in the digital era. The data for this article are drawn from a data set of attendance at more than nine hundred social networking events over a six-year period in New York City’s Internet, or “new media,” industry. These data confirm that place became more, not less, important to cultural production over this period. Networking, or the processes of the formation of social network ties, is concentrated in activities within narrow geographic clusters. This study suggests that the networking events within the industry—cocktail parties, seminars, ceremonies, and the like—mediate access to crucial resources within the industry.
- Tall flowering tobacco, nicotania sylvestris, growing from seed on my windowsill. https://t.co/6M1uNAhCga 06:28:18 AM April 20, 2021 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @marcventresca What a lovely tribute! 12:53:13 AM April 20, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to marcventresca ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pennyb @Manjitskitchen BRAVO! 12:54:27 PM April 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to pennyb ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Academic work: there is so much to do in every department and still no jobs. 12:46:22 PM April 19, 2021 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @aram Sending sympathies 10:20:05 AM April 19, 2021 from Twitter for Android in reply to aram ReplyRetweetFavorite